On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Tom Lane wrote:

Peter Eisentraut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Tom Lane wrote:
Applied with minor corrections.

Why is this not the default when supported?

Fear.

Maybe eventually, but right now I think it's too risky.

One point that I already found out the hard way is that sizeof(off_t) = 8
does not guarantee the availability of largefile support; there can also
be filesystem-level constraints, and perhaps other things we know not of
at this point.

Just to note an additional filesystem that will need special action...
The VxFS filesystem has a largefiles option, per filesystem.  At least that
was the case on SCO UnixWare (No, I no longer run it).

LER

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893