Just started a blog session on my findings running Postgres 8.3(beta) on a mid range Sun Fire server. Second entry is about the time lost on LWLock handling. When concurrency increases you can see the ProcArrayLock wait queue to start and explode.

http://blogs.sun.com/paulvandenbogaard/entry/ leight_weight_lock_contention

I will add more posts on all the other LWlock findings and the instrumentation method being used. Unfortunately a high priority project popped up I need to focus on. So please be patient. Hope to finish this in the first week of april.

Thanks,
Paul