Gurjeet Singh wrote:
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    I assume don't want a TODO for this?  (Suppress UPDATE no changed
    columns)

I am starting to implement this. Do we want to have this trigger function in the server, or in an external module?

I have the trigger part of this done, in fact. What remains to be done is to add it to the catalog and document it. The intention is to make it a builtin as it will be generally useful. If you want to work on the remaining parts then I will happily ship you the C code for the trigger.

cheers

andrew