Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
Simon Riggs wrote:

Incidentally, I'm in favour of letting Heikki review his own work
because there's a backlog on index changes that appears to be months
long and he has a good chance of tackling that.

Umm, I don't think there's any patches from me in the queue that need review. There's some discussion threads related to bitmap indexes, but that's all. We're definitely not going to get bitmap indexes in this commit fest.

There is your CopyReadLineText speedup, but I think there are too many open questions on it, e.g.:

   * should we change the line-end detection mode in text (non-CSV)
     mode by looking for an LF preceded by an even number of
     backslashes, or some similar logic?
   * how do we decide when to use the memchr tests rather than char by
     char tests?
   * is there a more economical way to code the searcher? (although I
     could live with it for now)

So I suggest we take it out of the queue for now and kick it back to you.

cheers

andrew