On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 09:08 -0700, Steve Crawford wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > RESTART IDENTITY will reset the SERIAL sequences back to the original
> > start value.
> >
> Assuming this feature were to be added....
>
> In cases where the same sequence has been used across multiple tables,
> what will be the appropriate response when a user attempts to TRUNCATE
> one of those tables with RESTART IDENTITY?

Well, I'm suggesting it as a TODO item, based on the standard. It would
be for whoever took this up to unravel that.

Since that's a weak answer, I'd say it should only reset sequences that
have been placed there automatically through the use of SERIAL or
BIGSERIAL datatypes.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com