On Apr 1, 2008, at 7:20 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
* Greg Smith ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
=4 cores, >=8GB RAM, and >=8 disks with a usable write-caching controller
in it.

hrmmm.  So a DL385G2, dual-proc/dual-core with 16GB of ram and 8 SAS
disks with a Smart Array P800 w/ 512MB of write cache would be helpful?

I've got quite a few such machines, along with larger DL585s.  I can't
make one externally available immediately but I could set one up to do
benchmark runs and to dump the results to a public site.  What I don't
have atm is alot of time though, of course.  Are there scripts and
whatnot to get such a set up going quickly?

Ditto here; I could possibly find one for running benchmarks for the community.

We're also working towards building our own performance lab and running our own benchmarks (that reflect our application workload); once that's up I could run benchmarks against other versions if that would be useful.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  [EMAIL PROTECTED]