On Apr 3, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
"Dawid Kuroczko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
The idea of \G command is to perform the query, but with printing
query results using extended table output format.

Seems a bit useless --- if you prefer \x format, wouldn't you prefer it
all the time?  Or at least often enough that the toggling command is
fine?  I'm dubious that this is worth eating up a command letter for.

I agree about not eating a letter, but...

I often find myself wanting to do stuff like tuple-only output for a single query in scripts. It would be nice if there was a command (\G ?) that would accept additional options for controlling output. It should be possible to map the options to existing psql output stuff, so that you could force any single command to output in any format that you wanted it to.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  [EMAIL PROTECTED]