Tom Lane schrieb:
"Jonah H. Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I've run into a couple cases now where it would be helpful to easily
assign an already-existing unique index as a primary key.

You need to present a more convincing use-case than this unsupported
assertion.  There's hardly any effective difference between a unique
index + NOT NULL constraints and a declared primary key ... so what
did you really need it for?

In fact it seems to be necessary when connecting with ODBC, I had the problem a month ago, MsSQL will not work correctly with connected tables in a postgres database when there is no PK. NOT NULL and unique index is not enough.

But I think it's overkill to add ALTER commands for this rare corner case, maybe it's enough to set "indisprimary" on the index?