Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
I agree that we should do that, but the thread on -hackers ("Autovacuum
vs statement_timeout") wasn't totally conclusive. Greg Sabine Mullane
and Peter Eisentraut argued that we shouldn't, but neither provided a
plausible use case where a statement_timeout on restoring a dump would
be useful. I'm thinking we should apply the patch unless someone comes
up with one.

I don't think it's fair to simply discard the use cases provided as
"implausible" and demand one more to your liking.

Sorry if I missed it in the original thread, but what is the use case you have in mind?

--
  Heikki Linnakangas