Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Gregory Stark wrote:
"Andrew Dunstan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Tom Lane wrote:
doxygen's 200-some is clearly an order of magnitude too low, but I
wonder whether Bruce's list hasn't got some false hits ...

Skimming the output it does have things like "int" and "float" but presumably we would know if that caused any problem, they wouldn't inflate the numbers
much.

2800 does seem a bit high. My buildfarm member dungbeetle just found 2482 on a build that is only missing the optional pam, bonjour and gssapi config options.

The numbers going to vary heavily from OS to OS so it seems to me that these
are a basically the same order of magnitude.

It looks like Windows will blow all our existing numbers out of the water. Here's a list generated from Cygwin with 6088 symbols. I'm working on getting a similar list from MinGW.

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=brown_bat&dt=2008-04-18%20230054&stg=typedefs

And here are the 7625 from MinGW.

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=dawn_bat&dt=2008-04-19%20004514&stg=typedefs

It looks like we'll need some sort of extra filter.

cheers

andrew