Thomas Mueller wrote:
Forbidding literals will break absolutely every SQL-using application on the
planet

Well, it's optional. If a developer or admin wants to use it, he will
know that it could mean some work. Even if the feature is not enabled,
it's still good to have it. And using constants will help document the
application.

What is not optional is the probably maintenance complexity of this scheme.

Moreover, it seems unlikely that it will even cover the field. A partial cloak might indeed be worse than none, in that it will give some developers an illusion of having security.

Before we embarked on such an enterprise, I would personally want to see fairly loud clamor from our user base for it.

cheers

andrew