NTFS adjusts winter file times while in daylight savings

The only file times we should ever be interested in are surely epoch times, which should be unaffected by time zones.

cheers

andrew

epoch, or at least non-timezone adjusted times, is the way every modern FS stores file times, no one said otherwise. There is a big difference between time storage and display ... I was talking about display. Postgres deals with both so at some point, a file time (or any time) will get displayed. There are different ways of handling daylight display, I have yet to find a technically correct way of doing it.

The more I think about it, I personally like the display behavior of NTFS file times over something like EXT3. When I am in EDT, it is useful to have all display times in that zone (regardless of whether that time falls within winter or summer) ... just as they would if I switched to PST.

--
andrew chernow
eSilo, LLC.