On Thu, 15 May 2008, Marko Kreen wrote:

On 5/15/08, Josh Berkus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Has PL/proxy been tested on other OSes?  FreeBSD/Solaris/Windows?

It definitely works on Linux and MacOS.  I've seen ports for *BSD.
I think any unix-like OS-es should work fine.

I've compiled it with a minor Makefile modification on Solaris and it
seems to work (it passes all the unit tests but the one involving
random; we might want to rethink that test so 'passes' on platforms with different implementations of random()). However, I haven't deployed it into a production environment.

Somewhat unrelated, I can see use-cases for replacing the call to random() with something that allows user defined polices for RUN ON ANY.

In fact, only syscalls it does on its own are gettimeofday() and poll()
[or select()], otherwise it calls either core or libpq functions.
So I see no reason why it shouldnt already work on Windows.

The biggest portability problem thus far has been scanner.l, which at
the beginning was written for flex 2.5.33+, but 2.5.4 is still pretty
widespread.  But this I fixed in 2.0.3.

Hmm.. Now that I think about it, in my effort to remove malloc() calls
in both scanner and parser I told bison to use alloca().  Is it portability
concern?  Easy to fix, just need to be careful not to create memleaks.

--
marko