Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Recently while adding $PostgreSQL markers to a bunch of .c and .h files I ran into trouble with the ecpg regression tests and had to revert the change for a handful of files. However, it occurred to me that we could have pg_regress tell diff to ignore such lines, by passing it the arguments "-I '\$PostgreSQL:' ", which would tell it to ignore additions or deletions of lines matching that regex.

Would this be a good thing to do?

I'm inclined to think not.  It's easy to think of scenarios where such
a switch would mask errors.

OK.

cheers

andrew