Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway wrote:
Hi.

pg_regress has a --dbname option (which actually take a list of database names):

  --dbname=DB               use database DB (default \"regression\")

... but the PostgreSQL regression test suite does not really support this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:regress] ggrep -R "regression" sql/* | grep -v regression_ | grep -v :--
sql/prepare.sql:EXECUTE q2('regression');
sql/privileges.sql:\c regression
sql/temp.sql:\c regression

I suggest we replace @dbname@ with the first element in the dblist linked list in convert_sourcefiles_in(). What do you think?

(I can provide a patch if you think it is an acceptable solution.)

We have more than one set of regression tests. This feature is used by the PL regression tests and the contrib regression tests to run using a different database name.

I'm not quite sure why it's a list.

cheers

andrew

cheers