Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> Yes, we're talking real-time streaming (synchronous) log shipping.

> That's not what Tom's email said, AIUI.

Sorry, I was a bit sloppy about that.  If we go with a WAL-shipping
solution it would be pretty easy to support both synchronous and
asynchronous cases (synchronous == master doesn't report commit until
the WAL is down to disk on the slaves too).  There are different
use-cases for both so it'd make sense to do both.