Tom Lane wrote:
Josh Berkus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Having said that, I'm not sure it'd help your problem.  If your query is
using more than 32 regexes concurrently, it likely is using $BIGNUM
regexes concurrently.  How do we fix that?

Hmmm. I think there's a lot of ground between 32 and $BIGNUM. For example, where I'm hitting a wall is 300 regexes. Some quick testing on my opteron text machine right now shows that the execution time difference between 20rx and 50rx is around 20x.

Hmm.  Well, I still don't want to tie it to work_mem; how do you feel
about a new GUC to determine the max number of cached REs?

Yeah.  You know me, I was just trying to avoid having more GUCs.

--Josh