Magnus Hagander wrote:
More to the point: I thought this had been tested. I will test it today
so we can put this whole thread to rest.

IIRC it was only tested insofar that it doesn't actually break. Not if
it returns proper results.

I have tested it using the suggested script (corrected) and it passes (both sizes the same) consistently, as I expected.
Buf if my memory isn't completely off, there are other such cases as
well around the code, where we've done proper fixes for native win32 and
left cygwin alone. The argument being that for a developer system, it
doesn't really matter if things aren't entirely reliable, and that
nobody should be using cygwin for a production server. (I have nothing
against using it for a dev box, though I wouldn't do it myself)

I don't recall any. But I could be wrong.

cheers

andrew