I just posted a patch addressing the TODO item:

"Allow EXPLAIN output to be more easily processed by scripts, perhaps XML"

This is a modified patch originally submitted by Germán Poó Caamaño last year. I added the DTD and some other tweaks.

I did *not* delve much into the ecpg code, other than mildly modifying prepoc.y by adding the XML and DTD defines. I'm sure more work is required there.

And, I did not include "Init Plan" and "Sub Plan" in the XML output, which did not fit into the XML in a graceful way. But, that can also be revisited.

Regards,

Tom Raney