Robert Treat wrote:
On Tuesday 01 July 2008 03:45:44 Richard Huxton wrote:
The only time we need to restore per-database settings is if the
database has been dropped. If you're not having the dump/restore
re-create the database then presumably you've taken charge of the
per-database settings.

I'm not sure I agree with that entirely. For example, one common usage scenario when upgrading between major versions is to create the database, load contrib modules (whose C functions or similar may have changed), and then load the dump into the database. In those case you still might want the database settings to be dumped, even though you are creating the database manually. (Now, one might argue that you could still dump with --create and ignore the error of the database creation command, but that probably isn't ideal).

Well, with -Fc I'd expect it to be dumped all the time and pg_restore would selectively restore it. That should mean it has its own line in the pg_restore --list output which would let you just comment out the database-creation but leave the ALTER...SET in.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd