Attached a new patch that:

1. fixes previous bug
2. better handles the case when cover size is greater than the MaxWords.

Looks good, I'll make some tests with  real-world application.

I have not yet added the regression tests. The regression test suite seemed to be only ensuring that the function works. How many tests should I be adding? Is there any other place that I need to add different test cases for the function?

Just add 3-5 selects to src/test/regress/sql/tsearch.sql with checking basic functionality and corner cases like
 - there is no covers in text
 - Cover(s) is too big
 - and so on

Add some words in documentation too, pls.

--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                   WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/