Hi,

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
I think the
way to go here is to have Markus open up his Monotone repo, or convince
him to migrate it to Git, but I really doubt that's ever going to
happen.

He he... good guess ;-)

However, as much as I personally like monotone and as much as I dislike
git for being a bad rip off of monotone, git certainly has its merits.
It has a much larger users base and is faster than monotone for some operations.

Having used subversion, CVS and monotone for Postgres-R, I think I'm now
giving git a try. I'm about to setup the necessary repositories, but I'm still having a hard time grokking this tool set. (And yes, I'm missing some features compared to monotone. In our case, the most obvious one is 'mtn diff --context' ;-) )

Regards

Markus