Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

- or maybe provide a .bat file or perl script that would work as na archive_command on Windows.

We're not talking about archive_command. We're talking about the thing that copies files to the directory that pg_standby polls.

Er, that's what the archive_command is. Look at the pg_standby docs and you'll see that that's where we're currently recommending use of windows copy. Perhaps you're confusing this with the restore_command?

Oh, right. I was thinking that archive_command copies the files to an archive location, and there's yet another process copying files from there to the directory pg_standby polls. But indeed in the simple configuration, archive_command is the command that we're interested in.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas