"Ryan Bradetich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> I do not believe this is a huge issue since truncate is prohibited on the
>> system catalogs
>> by the truncate_check_rel().

Only when allowSystemTableMods is false.  I think it would be a serious
mistake for your patch to treat the system catalogs differently from
other tables.

> Here is the inconsistency I observed:

It seems to me that you are assuming that lack of a TRUNCATE permission
bit is the only valid reason for a "permission denied" failure.  This is
fairly obviously not so, since multiple permissions typically enter into
any command (consider schema-level permissions for instance).