On Tue, 9 Sep 2008, Magnus Hagander wrote:

(I dropped the "default" stuff for now, as it doesn't seem that a
consensus has been reached on that topic.)

This is one of the reasons I suggested keeping that one as a separate
patch in the first place. The other main reason being that once it gets
applied, you really want it to be two different revisions, to clearly
keep them apart

This means some committer is going to have to make a second pass over the same section of code and do testing there more than once, that's a waste of time I was trying to avoid. Also, any standalone patch I submit right now won't apply cleanly if the source file/line patch is committed.

If nobody cares about doing that work twice, I'll re-submit a separate patch once this one is resolved one way or another. I hope you snagged the documentation update I added to your patch though.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD