Alvaro Herrera wrote:
So I went ahead and moved its mention to a separate question, where it
has a lot more visibility.  (I also added an URL to anoncvs, where
people can see it more readily.)

Perhaps the low visibility also has to do with the fact that documentation is hidden under "tools".

What I'm wondering right now is what's the value of having this stuff
in the source code at all.  Why don't we move it to the Wiki and remove
it from the repo?  Would anybody object to that idea?  Having it on CVS
means that nobody is able to improve the text, which is kind of sad
because it's been neglected for the last 3 years.

I think it is documentation and should therefore be kept in CVS. Once we start applying the argument that things should be moved to the wiki based on getting more people to work on it, we might as well move the source code to the wiki altogether. ;-)