Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Simon Riggs escribió:
On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 17:08 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
It should be clear that to make this work you must run with a base
backup that was derived correctly on the current master. You can do that
by re-copying everything, or you can do that by just shipping changed
blocks (rsync etc). So I don't see a problem in the first place.
Hmm, built-in rsync capability would be cool. Probably not in the first phase, though..
Built-in? Why? I mean make base backup using rsync. That way only
changed data blocks need be migrated, so much faster.

Why rsync?  Just compare the LSNs ...

True, that's much better. Only works for data files, though, so we'll still need something else for clog etc. But the volume of the other stuff is much smaller, so I support we don't need to bother delta compressing them.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas