Tommy Gildseth wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
Okay.  I just committed the patch without that change, but I'll go back
and add it.

I'm not quite sure I fully understand the consequence of this change. Does it basically mean that it's not possible to use .pgpass with dblink for authentication?

It only applies to 8.4 (which is not yet released) and beyond.

dblink will still work as before for superusers.

The alternative then would be to hardcode the password in your stored procedures, or store it in a separate table somehow?

Trusted non-superusers can be granted permission to use dblink_connect_u().

Joe