2008/10/11 Hitoshi Harada <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I'm afraid the patch was too huge, trying to send it again without
> attachment...
>
> I made up my mind to scratch former window functions and redesigned
> completely new execution model, based on the discussion with Heikki.
> Attached is the v06 against HEAD today.

Small nit - I get this from the following query:

postgres=# select a, sum(a) over (order by a) from generate_series(1,10) a;
 a  | sum
----+-----
  1 |  55
  2 |  55
  3 |  55
  4 |  55
  5 |  55
  6 |  55
  7 |  55
  8 |  55
  9 |  55
 10 |  55
(10 rows)

>From what I can tell of the spec, the 'sum' column should contain a
running sum (ie 1,3,6 etc). You mention that window frames haven't
been implemented, but it seems like this case should return an error
rather than the wrong results...

Thanks,
Ian