Gilles DAROLD wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why don't use the excellent DBIx-XML_RDB perl module ? Give it the query
> it will return XML output as you sample. With some hack you can do what you
> want...

The point I was trying to make is that XML is trivial to create. It is much
more difficult to read. I think pg_dump is a "better" place for the export, in
that all the logic to find the fields, types, and data are already there. Were
a simple option presented, --xml, it would probably be easier to add xml export
to pg_dump than create a new utility, but then again, I didn't write pg_dump
and therefore do not know for sure.

--
5-4-3-2-1 Thunderbirds are GO!