Howdy!

It was suggested to me that this proposed feature is interesting enough to be floated around for discussion.
Don't get your hopes up, because the request is extremely simple:

It could be useful to have a command that returns the table definition (like pg_dump -st) from within the query interface. This could be particularly useful if one doesn't have access to or prefers not to manipulate results coming from a shell. If I have an API from which to query the database, it seems silly to have to spawn a shell and run a command to query the very same database.

(I'm not exactly familiar with how pg_dump manipulates or extracts that data, so this could be a very, very stupid question. If so, please forgive me.)

Regards,
Wilfried Schobeiri