"Merlin Moncure" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> IMO, the client only build should be fixed, so we can:
> *) put the makefile hack I proposed in
> *) implement the keywords.c change suggested above
> *) set up backend/parser symlink from different/additional place.

The last of these seems the correct fix.  A minimal change would be
something like

  submake-backend:
+       $(MAKE) -C $(top_builddir)/src/backend
$(top_builddir)/src/include/parser/gram.h
        $(MAKE) -C $(top_builddir)/src/backend/parser keywords.o

(in at least three different Makefiles: pg_dump, psql, scripts).  But I
can't help feeling that some Makefile-refactoring seems called for here.
Peter, what do you think?