Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I'm thinking of something like this change to config/perl.m4:

! if test -z "$perl_embed_ldflags" ; then
!       AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
!       AC_MSG_ERROR([unable to determine flags to link embedded Perl])

Hm, is it certain that "empty" is never a valid value for
$perl_embed_ldflags?

Yes. If it's empty we don't even link against libperl at all. That can't possibly be right.

In any case I'm a bit confused how this fixes the
problem --- it looks like the test is just relying on Config not Embed.

No, we get the ldopts from Embed and then *remove* the ccldflags from Config from that string. What is left is set as perl_embed_flags, and that's what mustn't be empty.

cheers

andrew