Tom Lane wrote:
Devrim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=DCND=DCZ?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Is $SUBJECT possible? If not, do you think it would be worth
implementing this?

No, and no.  The feature isn't even in core; it can hardly qualify as
something that should drive a massive overhaul of the elog
infrastructure.  Which is what this would take.

Well, it might be possible to build some sort of splitting facility (regex based?) into the logging collector without having to change the rest of the logging infrastructure.

But there are already good log splitting tools for some varieties of syslog, and like Tom I suspect using any effort in this direction on our part is probably not worth it.

cheers

andrew