On 27 nov 2008, at 13.00, Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
Can someone remind me why we have --enable-thread-safety? As opposed to
it being default and having --disable-thread-safety.

I don't have any numbers or a roster to support this, but I suppose that thread-safety is not supported on some platforms. So either we'd have to have diverging defaults or annoy those unsupported platforms with a
mandatory switch.

We could try switching it for a day and see what happens to the
buildfarm ... that would give us an idea of how many platforms are not
prepared.

+1.

It would be very good to have it ok by default if we cab, and that seems luke a good way to see if it's reasonable...

/Magnus