Gregory Stark wrote:
KaiGai Kohei <kai...@kaigai.gr.jp> writes:

I didn't replace the previous implementation blindly, I have a few
reasons that the current one is better than previous one.

For example, if an input handler has side-effects, what is happen in
the following query?

  SELECT 'valid_but_new_security_label'::regseclabel;

It looks like a read-only query, but the input handler can insert a new
tuple into pg_security. In addition, the newly inserted tuple may not
be refered any more. It is a waste of spaces.

Ooh, and how would we know when to vacuum this label?

It is not necessary, because the number of security labels
are assumed enough small.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kai...@kaigai.gr.jp>