Magnus Hagander wrote:

Just adding new files to exisitng makefiles, or adding a new subdir that
adds more files to an existing target, should require no changes.
It might help clarify things if you say why it *didn't* pick up these
new foreign-server libraries.  Is it because they were new build
targets, or ??

Yes, they are new build targets, that's why it didn't catch them.

Also, because one of the Makefiles involved (src/foreign/Makefile) doesn't follow one of our standard patterns.

We (i.e. probably Magnus and I in the first instance) should think about creating a bit of a cookbook if we're going to persist with this build system.

cheers

andrew