Bruce Momjian wrote:
Andrew Chernow wrote:
I am not a lawyer, but if its one work, why is there a notice in every source file? ISTM that if it were one work there would only have to be one notice.

Because people often take source files and copy them for use in other
projects.

As per my previous message, although people do this, it is not "safer" to copy a file without an explicit copyright embedded within the file, than to copy a file without an explicit copyright embedded within the file. The explicit copyright embedded serves more of a warning for people that don't know better to guilt them into thinking twice before doing whatever they are doing, than an actual legal requirement for enforcement of copyright restrictions.

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke <m...@mielke.cc>