Simon Riggs wrote:
On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 12:33 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
A related issue is that currently the recovery PANICs if it runs out of recovery procs. I think that's not acceptable, regardless of whether we use slotids or some other method to avoid it in normal operation, because it means you can't recover at all if you set max_connections too low in the standby (or in the primary, and you have to recover from crash), or you run out of recovery procs because of an abort failed in the primary like discussed on that thread.

The standby should just fast-forward to the next running-xacts record in that case.

What do you mean by "fast forward"?

I mean the standby should stop trying to track the in progress transactions in recovery procs, and apply the WAL records like it does before the consistent state is reached.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas