--On Freitag, Januar 09, 2009 13:20:57 +0100 Bernd Helmle <maili...@oopsware.de> wrote:

That means, View1 consists of View2 and so on. What happens now if
someone is going to change View3, so that it's not updatable anymore?
What the patch actually does is, scanning all relations/views involved in
a current view (and cascading updates) und reject update rules as soon as
it finds more than one relation within a view definition. Unfortunately
this seems not to be enough, we had really check all involved views for
updatability recursively. The infrastructure for this is already there,
but i wonder if it could be made easier when we are going to maintain a
separate is_updatable flag somewhere in the catalog, which would make
checking the relation tree for updatability more easier.

I've decided to check updatability of all involved views during view creation. Please find attached a new version with all other open issues adressed.

--
 Thanks

                   Bernd