"Robert Haas" <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
>> This is a red herring, unless your proposal also includes making the
>> master CVS^H^H^Hgit repository world-writable.  The complaint I have
>> about people posting URLs is that there's no stable archive of what the
>> patches really were, and just because it came out of someone's local git
>> repository doesn't help that.

> No, git really does help with this.  If Simon were making his changes
> in git and pushing them to a git branch on git.postgresql.org, you
> would be able to see exactly what he changed and when he changed it.

Well, if that's actually an archival repository then it would work.
But wasn't I just reading something about having to wipe that repository
and re-import the CVS history to fix various problems?

(In any case, the URLs I'm complaining of weren't pointing at
git.postgresql.org, but various private servers or wiki pages.)