Simon Riggs wrote:
2. Kill all connections by given user. Hmm, not used for anything, actually. Should remove the roleId argument from GetConflictingVirtualXIDs.

No, because we still need to add code to kill-connected-users if we drop
role.

Oh, I see, that's still a todo item. But we don't do that during normal operation, so why should we during recovery?

 I'm thinking of an interface
consisting of three functions, replacing the current GetConflictingVirtualXIDs and ResolveRecoveryConflictWithVirtualXIDs functions:

I'm not sure I see any benefit in doing that.

It makes the code more readable.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas