Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Josh Berkus wrote:
Joshua, Kohei-san,

So, for 8.4: *if* we included in 8.4 a version of SEPostgres with all features *except* row-level security, would it still be useful to the SELinux community?

I think we're just not going to work out the headache-inducing issues around row-level security in time for 8.4, and it seems to me that integrated system-level security labels at the table-and-column level are still very useful, even without row-level security.

Hasn't a plan for this already been posted? See http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-01/msg02407.php

FYI:

* previous full-functional SE-PostgreSQL/Row-ACLs

[kai...@fedora10 security]$ wc -l *.c */*.c
   729 pgaceCommon.c
  1547 pgaceHooks.c
   721 rowacl/rowacl.c
  1200 sepgsql/avc.c
   623 sepgsql/core.c
  1019 sepgsql/hooks.c
   785 sepgsql/permissions.c
  1097 sepgsql/proxy.c
  7721 total

* A lite SE-PostgreSQL without row-level security,
  large object support, writable system column

[kai...@fedora10 sepgsql]$ wc -l *.c
   904 checker.c
  1181 avc.c
   360 core.c