I am afraid this falls in the same category as the HP-UX patch, in that
it is for threading on an older platform

Really?  It was released in 2004 (maintenance pack 4 released in June 2008).

It would be interesting if you could host a web page, perhaps on our
wiki, that lists patches for older platforms so we don't lose this
information and it might be helpful to use some day.

That sounds like an interesting idea. I was already considering putting it on the libpqtypes.esilo.com website. Maybe a better place would be on the pgwiki.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC