Rene Pijlman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:44:19 -0400, you wrote:
>> seems doable and reasonable to me: whenever an OID is returned
>> to the client in an INSERT or UPDATE command result, also stash it in
>> a static variable that can be picked up by this function.

> What should the semantics be exactly?

Just the same as the command result string.

> How about the multiple INSERT's i've been reading about on
> hackers? ... Only the OID of the last row inserted by the
> statement?

No OID is returned when multiple rows are inserted or updated.  I'd say
that should be the semantics of this function, too.

> How about JDBC batchExecute() when it performs multiple
> INSERT/UPDATE's?

By definition, this is a backend function.  It cannot know anything of
JDBC.

> I assume this OID would be associated with a client connection.
> Is this going to work with client side connection pooling?

Good point.  Will this really get around the original poster's problem??