Hi,

Robert Lor <robert....@sun.com> wrote:

> The attached patch contains the probes (originally came from Theo
> Schlossnagle) that were removed from the previous submitted patch.
> Zdenek had some concerns  about the way the probes were implemented
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-07/msg01168.php. If
> there are specific recommendations, I'd be more than happy to make the
> changes and get them resubmitted.

This will introduce SLRU and Executor probes.
We already have Lock, LWLock, Buffer, I/O and XLogs probes.

I'd like to have the following probes, too. In my experience,
they could be bottlenecks or consume much time in some situations.

    - idle in transaction
    - spinlock wait-and-retry
    - CPU: Trigger execution
    - CPU: Encoding conversion