KaiGai Kohei wrote:
One matter was "use" permission, but I can agree to integrate
it into "select" permission as the original design did.

Ok, great.

The other is view. When we use a view in the query, it is extracted
as a subquery and its query tree is fetched from pg_rewrite.ev_action
which is already parsed. It means we need to ensure the parsed
representation is not manipulated. The simplest solution is to prevent
updating the pg_rewrite.ev_action by hand when SE-PostgreSQL is enabled.

Agreed. If SE-PostgreSQL is enabled, you need to forbid manual updates to a lot of catalog tables. This is just another case of the same.

I think smaller hard-wired rules are better, but it is a very corner-case
and its benefit cannot be ignorable.
 - It enables to reduce the "walker" code from sepgsql/checker.c.
   (I guess it makes reduce a few hundreds lines.)
 - It helps to maintain code to pick up what tables/columns are
   accessed.

If nobody disagree it, I'll integrate "use" permission into "select" and
remove the "walker" code from sepgsql/checker.c due to the next Monday.
It affects on sepgsql/checker.c, but I expect little changes on others.
I'm happy, if you don't stop reviewing patches except for checker.c.

Sounds good, though I'm not 100% sure I understood what you're going to replace the walker with. Seeing the patch will surely enlighten that :-).

--
  Heikki Linnakangas