Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsm...@wars-nicht.de> writes:

> The validator function should use the weak mode for itself to return
> 'f' in case of invalid input. It cannot be the users job to make sure a
> validator function is working as expected.

Well the input function is being called before the validator function ever
gets a chance to act. The validator function receives an already-formed isbn13
datum.

Is there an is_valid() which takes text input? Perhaps there should be --
though I think it would have to be isbn_is_valid() or something like that.

--
  Gregory Stark