From: Umar Farooq <umarf...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Subject: PostgreSQL Memory Management
To: pgsql-gene...@postgresql.org

Hi All,

I have a few general question about PGSQL's internals of memory management
and I think this list is appropriate for that. I am interested to find out:

(1) how does PostgreSQL internally use physical memory allocated to it?
(2) what are different type of allocation units?
(3) what is a particular allocation unit used for e.g., to store log-tail,
query plans, procedure cache etc.?

I've already gone through README file in /backend/src/util/mmgr.

Thanks,
-Umar