On Mar 14, 2009, at 1:26 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
Yes, I think aliasing (especially at the table level) would be handy.

We already *have* table aliases. They're called "views". What we don't have is column aliases.

A view is not the same as a table alias. Even if you take into account the new updatable views, you're still hosed if you add a column to the table. I see that being a lot more useful than a simple column alias (you're correct that we'd need to support calculated ones, which is indeed a lot harder).
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  deci...@decibel.org

-